Yesterday at the Farmer's market I couldn't resist all the tempting veggies. Fresh corn on the cob, dark red tomatoes, the last of the baby zucchini.... When I got home, I wasn't sure which veggie to eat first, so I decided to make a nice salad that had all of them. It can make a nice main course or side dish. If you are making this salad as your main course, this recipe makes one very large serving, although it is probably more appropriate as 2 servings. I was VERY FULL after eating it all, but miraculously I found enough room for a nice fresh juicy peach for dessert. To keep the salad low fat, I only used the egg whites and vinegar, but you can include the yolks and use an oil-based dressing if you prefer the taste.
- 1 baby zucchini (approx. 1/2 cup)
- 3 small tomatoes (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 large slice of onion (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 1 cob of corn (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 hard boiled egg (white only)
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Grill zucchini and onion until tender.
- Slice kernals from cob. Microwave on high for approx. 30 seconds to cook.
- Toss spinach with vinegar.
- Add sliced tomatoes, egg white, and warm corn, onions, and zucchini.