That's when I spotted this can of Masaman curry paste. I know it's a bit unorthodox to combine these veggies with Masaman curry paste, but I decided to give it a try. (I had a half hour to change my mind because the beans were still in their pods and I had to shuck them first.)
Everything is simmering away, filling the house with the wonderful curry aroma. I like to evaporate off most the liquid, but if you are serving with rice, you can leave the liquid in and serve once the veggies are tender. I really enjoyed the curry flavor with these veggies. It really hit the spot for this cold, rainy evening.
- 1 cup Lima beans (I used fresh, but you could easily use frozen)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 1/2 Tbs Masaman curry paste (approx. 1/4 can)
- 2-3 cups water
- Shuck Lima beans if they are still in their pods (or use frozen).
- Cut ends and "ugly" leaves off the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Slice onion.
- Add water and curry paste to a skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add onions, beans, and Brussels sprouts.
- Simmer until Brussels sprouts are tender but not soggy.
- Evaporate off as much water as you want.