Monday, May 25, 2009

Sliders - 3 ways

Approx. 390 Calories per serving. Recipe serves 1.
I had a huge craving for a burger today, and no matter what I thought about making, all I could think about was how good a burger would taste. But there were too many decisions. What kind of burger to make? I wanted a regular hamburger. But I also craved blue cheese. And I craved something spicy. Then it hit me. Since it seems like mini-burgers or sliders are all the rage lately, that's what I would make for dinner. That way I could take care of all my cravings without making a big burger that had a mix of ingredients that didn't work. My flight of sliders would give me the best of both worlds.
Ingredients
  • 4 oz lean ground beef
  • 1 ciabatta roll (only use 3/4 of the roll)
  • 1 tsp salsa
  • 1/6 avocado
  • 2 tsp blue cheese
  • 1/4 small Anaheim chili
  • 1 large leaf of lettuce
  • 1/3 medium plum tomato
  • 1 slice red onion
  • brown mustard to taste
  • black pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Cut the ciabatta roll into quarters and slice to open (only use 3 of the pieces).
  2. Season raw ground beef to taste with black pepper.
  3. Divide ground beef into three (1.3 oz each) groups.
  4. Prepare beef patties and assemble each slider as described below.
Fiesta Slider
  1. Cut one thin strip of Anaheim chili for garnish.
  2. Dice remaining chili.
  3. Mix chili with ground beef then form a patty.
  4. Grill patty until done to preference.
  5. Assemble slider by placing thin slices of avocado on the roll.
  6. Add patty.
  7. Top with salsa and chili strips.
Red and Blue Slider
  1. Dice half of the red onion slice.
  2. Mix onion with ground beef then form a patty.
  3. Grill patty until done to preference.
  4. Assemble slider by placing 1/2 of the blue cheese on the roll.
  5. Add patty.
  6. Top with the remaining blue cheese, diced red onion, and a thin slice of tomato.

All American Slider

  1. Grill seasoned beef patty until done to preference.
  2. Assemble slider by placing lettuce and red onion slices on the roll.
  3. Add patty.
  4. Top with brown mustard and a thin slice of tomato.

No comments: