Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chicken salad wraps

Approx. 220 Calories per recipe. Recipe makes 3 wraps.

I was in the mood for another "bowl" type of meal today. You can either serve these as an appetizer/side dish, or eat the whole recipe as a main dish.

If you want to make this right, you probably should steam the red cabbage leaves for a couple of minutes to soften them up and remove some of the sharpness of their flavor. I didn't bother with that step, and just used it raw. I thought it tasted fine and liked the crunch, but each cabbage leaf had the tendency to tear a bit as I ate it. I only added enough orange sauce to give a hint of flavor. Feel free to add more if you like.

Ingredients
  • 3 leaves red cabbage
  • 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1/2 tomato
  • 1/4 cup zucchini
  • 1/4 cup red onion
  • 2 tsp orange sauce (I used Panda Express Orange Sauce)

Directions
  1. Grill chicken, then cut into cubes.
  2. Chop vegetables, except for the red cabbage.
  3. Mix chicken with the chopped vegetables and orange sauce.
  4. Fill cabbage "cups".

No comments: