Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fish tacos

Approx. 350 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

These tacos made a quick and easy lunch. I didn't need to roast the green chilis since I bought them already roasted at the farmer's market. All I did was dice them and microwave them for about 30 seconds. The fish only took about 2 minutes to cook, and in that time, I was able to heat the chilis and tortillas, and then assemble everything. You could pan fry the fish, but since I was adding avocado, I decided to cook the fish without oil.

Ingredients
  • 3 oz. dover sole
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 lime
  • 2 tortillas (6")
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 roasted green chilis
  • spring mix lettuce

Directions
  1. Poach sole in water and juice from 3/4 of the lime.
  2. Dice the chilis and heat until warm.
  3. Warm the tortillas.
  4. Add a few pieces of lettuce.
  5. Add chilis.
  6. Add cooked fish.
  7. Top with diced avocado.
  8. Serve with slivers of lime.

No comments: