Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shrimp stir fry

Approx. 160 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings

I was cold all day today and since I couldn't seem to get warm on the outside, I thought something spicy might warm me from the inside. This quick dish had a nice spice level and I did feel toasty warm inside - but I was still cold on the outside! You could easily substitute your favorite stir fry sauce for the Thai green curry paste.

Ingredients
  • 3 oz medium shrimp, precooked (60 count per pound)
  • 4 cups bok choy
  • 1/2 medium onion (approx. 2/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
  • 1 cup snow peas
  • 2 Tbs Thai green curry paste
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water

Directions
  • Wash and chop vegetables, separating the bok choy stems from leaves.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan.
  • Add onions and bok choy stems. Cook until the onions start to get tender.
  • Add bell pepper and cook 1-2 more minutes.
  • Add curry paste and water. Dissolve curry paste and coat all vegetables.
  • Add snow peans and bok choy leaves.
  • Cook until bok choy leaves wilt and most of the water evaporates.
  • Add shrimp and heat until warm. (I used pre-cooked. If using raw shrimp, add at same time as snow peas.)

No comments: