Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Garlic Rapini

Approx. 110 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I bought a large bunch of rapini (also called broccoli raab or rabe) at the farmer's market this weekend. I usually just saute it in olive oil and garlic, but decided to add the sun dried tomatoes (and cook it without oil). The sun dried tomatoes didn't really add all the much, and next time I make it I will leave them out of the recipe. Cooking in just the water and no oil didn't really make a difference in the taste to me, so I will use this same method to cook it in the future.

Ingredients
  • 1 large bunch rapini (approx. 16 oz.)
  • 6 sun dried tomatoes
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
  • 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
  • water (approx. 3/4 cup)

Directions
  1. Chop sun dried tomatoes and mince garlic.
  2. Add enough water to cover bottom of a shallow frying pan.
  3. Bring water to a boil and add all ingredients except for the vinegar.
  4. Cook until rapini is tender, and the water has evaporated (add small amounts of water as needed until the rapini is tender).
  5. Toss with vinegar before serving.

No comments: