Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stuffed red peppers appetizer

Approx. 45 Calories per piece. Recipe makes 12 pieces.

I had plans to go to a BBQ and meet some of the friends that I had made online through my dogs' blog. I volunteered to bring appetizers, since they were planning to grill steaks, make a salad, etc. At the market yesterday, I saw the arugula flowers, these cute little peppers, and the farmer's cheese, and knew that they would find their way into an appetizer. This is one of the two that I decided to make. I will post the other recipe tomorrow.

Ingredients
  • 12 small red peppers (Hungarian sweet peppers)
  • 4 oz soft whole milk farmer's cheese (I used Rainbow Valley's)
  • 4 cups spinach
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 5 sun dried tomatoes
  • 1 oz white wine
  • arugula flowers for garnish
Directions
  1. Remove tops and seeds from the peppers.
  2. Grill until tender (I used my George Foreman grill).
  3. Soak sundried tomatoes in white wine to soften (approx. 15 minutes). Then dice into small pieces.
  4. Chop spinach and grate garlic.
  5. To a skillet, add olive oil, garlic, and sundried tomatoes (reserve any soaking wine).
  6. Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
  7. Add spinach and reserved wine.
  8. Cook until spinach is tender.
  9. Allow mixture to cool and then mix with room temperature cheese.
  10. Stuff the mixture into the red peppers.
  11. Garnish with arugula flowers.

2 comments:

Page Keeley said...

Yum- those look so good. I'm going to add that to my list of "to-do appetizers"!

White Dog Blog said...

Using this recipe for my birthday party next weekend! Thanks for the great idea.