Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Halibut with Asparagus Sauce

Approx. 325 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 Serving

I spent the past weekend in Las Vegas. One night I had dinner in my hotel's restaurant, the Tuscany Gardens. I ordered the halibut with asparagus sauce. It was 8 oz. of halibut covered in a spoonful of thinly sliced asparagus and diced tomatoes in a white wine herb sauce. I would have preferred more asparagus, so in my attempt to recreate the dish, I added a lot more veggies (but I totally forgot to add wine! oops)

Ingredients
  • 6 oz halibut
  • 1 plum tomato
  • 1 green onion
  • 1/2 cup asparagus stems (I saved the tops for another dish)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 dash each of garlic powder, crushed red peppers, black pepper, and dried basil (add to taste)

Directions
  1. Slice asparagus stems into small pieces.
  2. Dice tomato and finely chop green onion.
  3. Add oil and fish to a skillet. Cover and heat on medium for approx. 4 minutes.
  4. Season fish with pepper and flip.
  5. Add asparagus and herbs (and white wine if you remember) to the pan, cover, and cook until fish flakes (approx. 3 minutes).
  6. Remove fish from pan.
  7. Add tomato and green onion to the pan. Heat until tomato is warm and starts to soften.
  8. Serve over/under the fish.

No comments: