Monday, March 14, 2011

Halibut with Grapefruit Salsa

Approx. 400 Calories per serving (excluding steamed asparagus). Recipe serves 1.

I enjoyed the grapefruit sauce I made the other night, so I decided to make another one to try with fish. I really liked the crunch of the red onion with this salsa. It would have been a little better if I had added cilantro, but I forgot to do that. I served this dish with steamed baby asparagus. I think it is something I will make again while I have an abundance of grapefruit!

Ingredients
  • 5 oz halibut
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 green onion
  • 1/4 cup red onion
  • 1 medium grapefruit (approx. 1 cup sections plus juice)
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Peel and segment the grapefruit.
  2. Chop green part of green onion and dice red onion.
  3. Add to grapefruit.
  4. Add oil and fish to a skillet. Cover and cook on medium heat for approx. 4 minutes.
  5. Season fish with pepper and flip.
  6. Cook approx. 3 more minutes, or until fish is done.
  7. Remove fish.
  8. Add grapefruit salsa to the pan and heat just until it is warm.
  9. Pour grapefruit salsa on top of fish to serve.

No comments: