Saturday, April 23, 2011
My eyes were clearly bigger than my stomach at the market today. I brought home tons of colorful veggies: multi-colored radishes, beets, and carrots, snap and sugar peas, tomatoes, artichokes, fennel, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage, onions, leeks, and the long awaited garlic scrapes. Plus I bought a dozen multi-colored eggs and white mulberries. YUM!
Friday, April 1, 2011
When I started cooking this, I intended to make grilled chicken to go along with it. I got a little lazy and decided that if I ate half the pan, I would be full and didn't need to bother with the chicken. This recipe makes enough for 2 large servings (as main course) or 4 small side dishes.
- 16 oz rapini
- 2 Tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
- 4 Tbs grated ginger
- 1 clove grated garlic
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup water
- Wash rapini and cut stalks in half.
- Add water, soy sauce, grated ginger and garlic, and red pepper flakes to a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add rapini and cook until tender but not mushy.