Monday, May 18, 2009

Coconut Ice Cream with Mango

Approx. 190 Calories. Recipe serves 1
This is one of my favorite desserts to eat with spicy Thai food. The cool coconut ice cream and the sweet mango are heaven together!
I love champagne mangos (also called Manilla mangos, atualfos, Haitian mangos, etc.) These have a yellow gold skin and are smaller, sweeter, and less fibrous than the red and green mangos usually found in the stores.

I rarely eat ice cream because the lactose kills me, but this flavor is sooooo good it is hard to resist eating the whole carton at once. To make sure that I limit my servings to a digestible amount, I line a 1/4 cup measuring cup with saran wrap to make quarter cup servings. I then store each portion in the freezer (hence the strange lines on the ice cream in the picture).

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup pineapple coconut ice cream (Häagen-Dazs)
  • 1 medium champagne mango (approx 2/3 cup)
Directions
  1. Cut mango into cubes
  2. Add ice cream and top with mango

1 comment:

Joanie said...

This looks SO good!! I love your blog!!!!