Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chicken with summer squash and mushrooms

Approx. 230 calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

Here is another one of my poached chicken/no oil stir fry recipes. The picture of this dish was taken before I added the orange sauce. It tasted pretty good as it was, but after I started eating it, I decided that I was really craving Chinese food. I just poured the orange sauce over the top (rather than cooking with it like I did previously) and what a world of difference that made. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMMMM! I'm so happy that I made this a 2 serving recipe - now I can enjoy it again during lunch tomorrow.

Ingredients
  • 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 3 red chili peppers
  • 1 small zucchini (approx. 1 cup)
  • 1 medium yellow summer squash (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
  • 2 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions (green part only)
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red peppers
  • 3 Tbs Panda Express Orange Sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions
  1. Put water in skillet and bring to a simmer.
  2. Poach chicken until cooked through.
  3. Add red pepper flakes and all the vegetables except for the green onions.
  4. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and cut into smaller pieces while the vegetables are cooking.
  5. Add the chicken back to the pan.
  6. Cook until the water evaporates and the vegetables are cooked, but not mushy.
  7. Add green onions and heat until warm.
  8. Serve and top with orange sauce.

No comments: