Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shrimp tacos

Approx. 300 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

This is a really quick recipe and makes a nice snack or meal. Because this is really an assembly recipe rather than actually cooking anything, it took me less than 5 minutes to make (including all the prep time).

I bought the pico de gallo ready-made from the deli section of my local grocery store. I also bought the shrimp already cooked. Instead of eating cold shrimp on the tacos, I grilled them for about 1 minute on my George Foreman grill. It didn't over cook them, but they were heated all the way through. Heating the shrimp in the microwave will make them rubbery and gross, so don't do it.

I particularly enjoy eating these tacos while drinking a nice cold Corona and pretending like I'm on a Mexican beach.

Ingredients
  • 2 corn tortillas (6")
  • 6 large shrimp (approx. 1.5 oz)
  • 1/2 cup cabbage
  • 1/3 avocado
  • 2 Tbs pico de gallo
  • 1/2 key lime

Directions
  1. Slice cabbage.
  2. Dice avocado.
  3. Heat tortillas in a dry frying pan until warm and soft.
  4. Grill shrimp until cooked (only 1 minute to warm if using pre-cooked shrimp).
  5. Add pico de gallo, avocado, cabbage, and shrimp to the warm tortillas.
  6. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top prior to serving.

No comments: