Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thai Red Curry-Zucchini and Bok Choy Stems

Approx. 250 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I got home from work today and the inside of my refrigerator was pretty empty. I found a couple small zucchinis that were almost past their prime and some fairly wilted bok choy. I thought about making soup, but wasn't really in the mood for soup tonight, so I decided to add some onion and turn it into a red curry stir fry. Luckily, I had a few chunks of leftover coconut milk in the freezer from when I made the green curry. When the dish was ready for the addition of coconut milk, I just dropped a frozen chunk right into the pan and let it melt.

You could easily serve this with rice or noodles, but I just ate it as pictured. To remove the spicy after burn in my mouth, I finished my meal with a nice scoop of Häagen-Dazs pineapple coconut ice cream. YUM!!


Ingredients
  • 1 cup zucchini
  • 2 cups baby bok choy stems
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp Thai red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
  • 5 Tbs coconut milk

Directions
  1. Wash and then separate the bok choy stems from the leaves. (Use the stems, save the leaves for a different recipe.)
  2. Dice all the vegetables.
  3. Fry the curry paste in oil.
  4. Add the vegetables and stir fry with the curry paste until tender.
  5. Add the coconut milk.
  6. Heat for 2 minutes to let the flavors marry.
  7. Serve.

No comments: