Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thai peanut "noodles"

Approx. 210 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

The Thai peanut sauce in the fridge was calling my name today. I decided that quick and easy peanut noodles would hit the spot. I still had some julienned zucchini left over, so decided to try those. Initially, I only selected the strips that did not contain skin and were from the soft tender part of the zucchini. I microwaved them for 2 minutes, then added sauce, green onion, and a few peanuts to it. I stirred it up and gobbled it down! It was very good and the zucchini had the right texture for noodles.


I was still hungry and craved more, so I made a second batch (shown in the picture - I snarfed down the first batch without even thinking to take a picture). This time I included the strips that had skin (and used up the last of the zucchini "noodles"). The "noodles" with skin didn't get as soft after 2 minutes in the microwave, and probably could have used another minute or two (but then the non-skin strips would have got mushy). When I make this again (and I will!!) I plan to only use the skinless strips. The quantities in the recipe are for both of my batches combined, since half that amount didn't really feel filling or sufficient.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups julienned zucchini
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 1/2 Tbs Thai peanut sauce (Bangkok Padang)
  • 1 Tbs peanuts

Directions
  1. Microwave julienned zucchini for 2 minutes or until tender.
  2. Add peanut sauce to coat zucchini "noodles".
  3. Mix in chopped green onion.
  4. Sprinkle with peants.

No comments: