Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chili Lime Sole Salad

Approx. 360 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

Ever since I made the chili lime sole, I have wanted more. I have also wanted to make the shrimp tacos again. I went to the grocery store with the intention to get ingredients for both, but the shrimp just didn't look good. I decided to buy what was already in my cart (except for the tortillas) and combine the two recipes into a salad. I'm glad I did! If I hadn't been so full when I finished (and out of ingredients) I would have made another one. It was very tasty!

Ingredients
  • 3 cups cabbage
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 cup pico de gallo
  • 1/2 lime
  • 2 fillets Dover sole (approx. 2.5 oz.)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Slice cabbage.
  2. Dice avocado.
  3. Quarter the lime.
  4. Add cabbage to a plate and top with pico de gallo and avocado.
  5. Add olive oil to a frying pan (low heat).
  6. Add fish fillets.
  7. Season top side of fish with black and red pepper.
  8. Heat for 2-3 minutes and gently flip the fish.
  9. Squeeze the juice from 1/4 the lime over the fish.
  10. Add black and red pepper to the exposed side of the fish.
  11. Heat for 2-3 more minutes, or until the fish is cooked and flaky.
  12. Serve over the cabbage salad.
  13. Squeeze the juice from 1/4 of the lime over the fish and salad.

No comments: