Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hamburger - needs helper



I really craved a hamburger yesterday and made a basic, non-fancy one on my George Foreman grill. It was tasty and hit the spot. Today, I was faced with 3/4 lb of hamburger left to use. I'm not much of a beef eater and even less of a ground beef eater, and really didn't know what to do with the rest of it. I wasn't in the mood for another hamburger or for tacos, and had no clue what else to do with it.

I finally decided to make another hamburger, but top it with a tasty blend of mushrooms, butter, and Worcestershire sauce. As I was part way through cooking the mushrooms, I decided to cook the hamburger in the same pan, rather than getting the grill dirty. And then I decided onions would taste good with it too and threw them in. Then the smoke detector started screaming at me, causing the dogs to bark and whine. By the time I ripped it off the wall and got the battery out, I totally forgot what I was trying to make, and just starting adding more things - garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and a flurry of random herbs and spices.

I'm not including a recipe, because you really REALLY don't want to make it. It was edible (barely) but certainly not good. I still have 1/2 lb of hamburger left over. I guess that means I have 2 more meals to screw up.

1 comment:

Greg said...

It is, however, attractively presented!