Thursday, August 27, 2009

Zucchini in peanut sauce

Approx. 200 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I was cleaning out my car and found 2 little packages of the chopped peanuts that McDonald's gives you as toppings for their sundaes. I'm not sure how long they have been in my car (my guess is about a year). I was about to toss them, and then decided to open a package to see if they were any good. They tasted ok, and I didn't keel over and die, so I decided to incorporate them into tonight's dinner. I only used one packet (and survived without illness), so eventually I will use the other one too. Maybe I'll let it sit in my cupboard for a year first.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups zucchini
  • 1 Tbs Thai peanut sauce (I used Bangkok Padang)
  • 1 Tbs chopped peanuts
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions
  1. Slice zucchini.
  2. Add water to frying pan and bring to boil.
  3. Add zucchini and cook until tender.
  4. Add peanut sauce and toss until zucchini is coated.
  5. Top with chopped peanuts.

No comments: