Thursday, October 1, 2009

Southwestern beef

Approx. 230 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

For the last couple of weeks I have been glued to my computer at work all day, editing documents, so the last place I wanted to be was in front of my computer when I got home. Some of what I've cooked lately are repeat recipes that are already posted, and some consisted of nothing more than dumping a few ingredients into the crock pot.

For this recipe, I ate the first serving as shown in the picture. With the left over serving, I shredded the beef and ate it in a burrito.

Ingredients

  • 6 oz top round steak (cut into 2 pieces)
  • 1 cup green bell pepper
  • 1 can Ro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies.

Directions
  1. Pour 1/3 of the can of tomatoes/chilis into the crock pot.
  2. Add meat and diced bell peppers.
  3. Cover with the rest of the canned tomatoes/chilis.
  4. Cook 8 or more hours on low heat.

1 comment:

Page Keeley said...

I never thought of cooking chicken in the salsa in a crockpot. I am definitely going to try this! Your presentation of this dish looks so good!