Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vegetable beef soup

Approx. 275 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

The weather temporarily cooled down for a little while and it felt like fall, so I pulled out the crock pot and made this dish. It's basically beef stew, but instead of serving it in gravy, I like it served in broth as a soup.

Ingredients
  • 5 oz top round steak
  • 1 1/2 cup red potatoes
  • 1/3 cup celery (I used bok choy stems because I was out of celery)
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • black pepper, to taste
  • red pepper flakes, to taste (I add a lot because I like it spicy)
  • salt, to taste
Directions
  1. Chop vegetables.
  2. Add meat, vegetables, and spices to crock pot.
  3. Cover with water.
  4. Heat on low/medium for at least 8 hours.

No comments: