Friday, October 9, 2009

Italian chicken and vegetables

Approx. 130 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I went to the Wednesday night farmer's market today, and loaded up on zucchini, bok choy, heirloom cherry tomatoes, along with an assortment of other vegetables. I normally would use spinach in this dish, but I took the bok choy stems for the soup I plan to make tomorrow night (I forgot that I didn't have any celery) and wanted to use up the leaves tonight.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 3 cups bok choy leaves
  • 2 cups zucchini
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes (3 colors)
  • 1/3 cup onion
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
  • dried oregano, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. Chop vegetables.
  2. Heat water, crushed garlic, and chicken.
  3. Once chicken is cooked, cut into pieces and add back to pan.
  4. Add onion, zucchini, and remaining spices.
  5. Cook until zucchini is just tender.
  6. Add bok choy (or spinach) and tomatoes.
  7. Heat until both are warm and bok choy wilts.

No comments: