Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chicken bok choy stir fry

Approx. 220 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I was craving something savory tonight and thought that a garlic-ginger sauce on chicken and bok choy would really hit the spot.

I usually am not able to use up a piece of ginger before it goes bad, so I usually toss most of it in the freezer. Sometimes I peel it before I toss it in the freezer (especially if I think I will be adding sliced ginger to a recipe). Sometimes I just scrub the skin and then freeze the whole thing. I can't tell the difference of whether the skin was left on when grate the ginger (as I did in this recipe) so I don't bother peeling it.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 2 bunches small bok choy (approx 3 cups)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup vegetable stock
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 Tbs low sodium soy sauce

Directions
  1. Wash and drain bok choy.
  2. Grate ginger and crush garlic.
  3. Add ginger and garlic to oil in cold pan.
  4. Heat oil, ginger, and garlic together.
  5. Once oil is hot, add chicken.
  6. Once chicken is almost done, add bok choy and vegetable stock.
  7. Cook bok choy until leaves are wilted, the stems are tender, and most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
  8. Toss with soy sauce and serve.

No comments: