I was looking for a quick easy dish that had very little prep work to it. This fit the bill. Just grate a little bit of garlic and ginger, slice some beef and chilis, and toss in a skillet with some snow peas and soy sauce. It doesn't get much easier than that.
- 4 oz. sirlion steak
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 red chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs vegetable stock
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- Cut beef into thin strips (on bias, across the grain).
- Grate ginger and garlic and then add to a cold pan with oil.
- Heat until the spices release their scent and the pan is hot.
- Add beef. Quick stir fry the beef.
- Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, snow peas and chili peppers.
- Cook until the beef is done and the peas are just tender.