Saturday, December 19, 2009

Rolo Turtle Candies

Approx. 45 Calories per candy

My mom always makes these simple candies around Christmas time. I spoke with her the other day and she said she was mailing cookies to me, and that a few of these would be included. I've been craving them ever since. Since I was too impatient to wait for them to be delivered, I decided to make some of my own.

These are usually made in an oven at a fairly low temperature and cooked for only a couple of minutes. Since I don't use my oven, I've adapted the directions for the microwave, which is how I made them.
Ingredients (for each candy)
  • 1 mini pretzel (I used the waffle style)
  • 1 Rolo candy (chocolate with caramel inside - you could substitute Hershey's kiss with caramel)
  • 1 pecan half
Directions
  1. Place pretzels on a microwave-safe plate.
  2. Place a Rolo candy (unwrapped) on each pretzel.
  3. Heat for approx. 30 seconds or until the Rolo gets soft (but not runny).
  4. Place a pecan half on top and press down so the chocolate covers the pretzel.
  5. Let the chocolate cool and harden before serving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! I love pretzels and chocolate together, and this would be super easy to do with my 7,5 & 3 year old girls this Christmas.
Thanks for sharing!