Approx. 70 Calories per cookie. Recipe makes approx. 45 cookies.
I was in a festive holiday mood tonight and decided to make some cookies. Since I'm afraid of my oven, that would normally be quite the challenge. Luckily, I had my handy dandy brazeli iron (also spelled bratzeli, bratzli, bretzel, brezel, etc.), so I didn't need an oven.
The recipe that mom gave me had too many ingredients and required that the dough sit overnight. I figured that I would no longer be in the mood to make cookies tomorrow, so I better strike while the iron was hot! I followed the recipe that came right on the iron, but estimated the conversions from metric to US customary measurements. I also decided to add a little bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- 8 Tbs butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soften butter and slowly beat in egg and sugar.
- Slowly beat in flour.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Let mixture sit for 2 hours.
- Ladle batter/dough (approx. size of a ping pong ball) onto center of the hot iron.
- Close the iron and press tight for approx. 1 minute, or until cookie is cooked and golden.
- Remove cookie from iron.
- Trim edges and cut into 4 sections.
- Continue cooking 4 cookies at a time until batter is gone.