Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shrimp and vegetables in Thai red curry

Approx. 420 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I'm not very good and knowing when shrimp are cooked (but not over cooked), so I like to buy the already cooked shrimp and add them at the very end and heat until they are just warmed all the way through. I also like to remove the tail before cooking, so I don't have to deal with it when I'm eating. I planned to eat this without rice, so I evaporated off most of the liquid so that the curry coated the other ingredients. If you plan to serve on rice, leave more water in the sauce.

Ingredients
  1. 2 oz shrimp (precooked)
  2. 1 cup broccoli
  3. 2 1/2 cups snap peas
  4. 1/3 cup red bell pepper
  5. 1/4 cup coconut milk
  6. 1 Tbs Thai red curry paste
  7. 1/2 cup water

Directions
  1. Chop bell pepper and cut broccoli into small pieces.
  2. Add water, coconut milk, and curry paste to a skillet and bring to a boil.
  3. Add snap peas and cook until almost tender (approx. 2-3 minutes).
  4. Add broccoli and red bell pepper.
  5. Cook until all vegetables are tender (but not mushy).
  6. Add shrimp (if using raw shrimp, add at the same time as the broccoli).
  7. Cook until shrimp are warm and sauces is to the desired thickness.
  8. Serve alone or with rice.

1 comment:

Hamster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.