Monday, January 11, 2010

Mixed nuts and veggies with Thai red curry

Approx. 280 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I'm still eating party leftovers tonight. I decided to mix leftover veggies with some of the nut mix that I had. The nut mixture contained cashews, almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts. All the nuts worked ok with this dish except for the pecans. They made it taste weird. I ended up picking them out and just eating them separately. I think it would have been better though if I had just used cashews.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup celery
  • 1 cup broccoli
  • 1 cup bell pepper (mixture of red, yellow, green)
  • 1/4 cup mixed nuts (it would taste better if you just use cashews!!)
  • 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions
  1. Heat water and curry paste.
  2. Add chopped celery and bell pepper.
  3. Cook for about 2 minutes.
  4. Add broccoli.
  5. Cook until tender and water evaporates off.
  6. Add nuts and mix well before serving.

No comments: