Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Halibut and vegetables in spicy ginger teriyaki sauce

Approx. 385 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.


I bought a nice big piece of halibut and decided to cook half of it today. I wasn't sure what to make, but decided that I needed to use the rapini as it was getting a little wilted. I also had carrots and pea pods left over from the party, so tossed them in too. I thought a spicy Asian flavor would be good, and had a new bottle of spicy ginger teriyaki sauce. Unfortunately, I was a bit slow in getting it opened. I panicked that the fish was going to burn to the bottom of the pan once the water evaporated, and just dumped it on without shaking it well. Most of the red pepper flakes (that float at the top of the bottle) got dumped into the pan. It ended up spicier than I intended, but still tasty. If you use the same sauce, make sure to shake it well before adding.
Ingredients
  • 6 oz. halibut
  • 1/2 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/2 cup snap peas
  • 1/2 cup rapini
  • 2 Tbs spicy ginger teriyaki sauce (I used East-West brand)
  • 1 cup water
Directions
  1. Add water to a large skillet and bring to a boil.
  2. Add fish.
  3. Once fish is cooked about half way, add carrots.
  4. Once fish is white nearly the entire way up the side, flip, and then add remaining vegetables.
  5. Cook until fish is done and all water evaporates off.
  6. Add teriyaki sauce, coating fish and vegetables.

No comments: