I'm not very good and knowing when shrimp are cooked (but not over cooked), so I like to buy the already cooked shrimp and add them at the very end and heat until they are just warmed all the way through. I also like to remove the tail before cooking, so I don't have to deal with it when I'm eating. I planned to eat this without rice, so I evaporated off most of the liquid so that the curry coated the other ingredients. If you plan to serve on rice, leave more water in the sauce.
- 2 oz shrimp (precooked)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 1/2 cups snap peas
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbs Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop bell pepper and cut broccoli into small pieces.
- Add water, coconut milk, and curry paste to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add snap peas and cook until almost tender (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Add broccoli and red bell pepper.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender (but not mushy).
- Add shrimp (if using raw shrimp, add at the same time as the broccoli).
- Cook until shrimp are warm and sauces is to the desired thickness.
- Serve alone or with rice.