I planned to grill a piece of chicken for dinner and wanted a quick and easy vegetable side dish to go with it. I basically had squash, tomatoes and beans in the house, so I just tossed them all into a pan with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes. Light, simple, and spicy: what more could you want from a side?
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (I used heirloom red and orange)
- 2 cups summer squash
- 1 cup snap beans
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice/chop vegetables.
- Add water to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add summer squash and cook approx. 2 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add cherry tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Cook until tomatoes are heated through.
- Add balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Serve as a side dish.