Monday, June 21, 2010

Shimp stir fry in orange sauce

Approx. 330 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 (huge) serving.

I had a jar of orange sauce in the fridge that was getting a little old. I decided to make a quick stir fry to use up the sauce (and a bunch of the summer squash I bought). This recipe was big enough to easily serve 2 people if you double the shrimp.

Ingredients
  • 6 large shrimp (approx. 1/8 lb - I used precooked)
  • 3 cups summer squash (various types)
  • 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
  • 1 cup bell pepper (red and yellow)
  • 1/4 cup onion
  • 1 serrano chili pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbs orange sauce (I used Panda Express, Orange chicken sauce)

Directions
  1. Slice/chop all vegetables.
  2. Add oil to a skillet and heat.
  3. Add onions, chili peppers, and bell peppers, and cook until almost tender.
  4. Add mushrooms and squash; cook until tender, but not soft.
  5. Add shrimp (I removed the tail shells) and heat until warm.
  6. Add sauce and toss together before serving.

1 comment:

Rice Palette said...

This looks like a great recipe! I've never had orange sauce before, so I'm looking forward to expanding my repertoire :)

You have a great blog!