Friday, June 4, 2010

Halibut with balsamic blackberry sauce

Approx. 220 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

Blackberries have been on sale for 99 cents per 6 oz container, so I have bought as many as I could carry and store. I've mostly been eating them raw or on salads, but tonight I thought they might taste quite nice on the last piece of halibut that I had. And they did! :-)

I served this with a nice salad of zucchini, yellow summer squash, and tomatoes.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz halibut or other firm white fish
  • 1/4 cup blackberries
  • 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 oz water
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Add oil to a skillet and heat.
  2. Season fish with black pepper and add to the skillet.
  3. Cover and cook approx. 3 minutes before flipping.
  4. Cover again and cook approx. 2 minutes or until it flakes.
  5. Set fish aside to rest.
  6. Add water, blackberries, and balsamic vinegar to the same skillet.
  7. Heat until blackberries are warm and liquid is reduced 60-80% (approx. 2 minutes).
  8. Pour blackberries and sauce over fish.

No comments: