Here is another one of my poached chicken/no oil stir fry recipes. The picture of this dish was taken before I added the orange sauce. It tasted pretty good as it was, but after I started eating it, I decided that I was really craving Chinese food. I just poured the orange sauce over the top (rather than cooking with it like I did previously) and what a world of difference that made. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMMMM! I'm so happy that I made this a 2 serving recipe - now I can enjoy it again during lunch tomorrow.
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 red chili peppers
- 1 small zucchini (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (green part only)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red peppers
- 3 Tbs Panda Express Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Put water in skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Poach chicken until cooked through.
- Add red pepper flakes and all the vegetables except for the green onions.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and cut into smaller pieces while the vegetables are cooking.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cook until the water evaporates and the vegetables are cooked, but not mushy.
- Add green onions and heat until warm.
- Serve and top with orange sauce.