Thursday, January 14, 2010

Halibut, sweet potato, and rapini curry

Approx. 420 Calories per serving (excluding rice). Recipe makes 2 servings.

I had another piece of halibut and some rice that was leftover from Chinese takeout, so I decided to make a savory curry to use them up. This turned out really tasty, and I ended up picking out (and eating) all the fish pieces that were in the second serving that I was saving for lunch tomorrow. I "justified" that decision because 1) I don't like leftover fish so I might as well eat it all while it is fresh and tasty and 2) my coworkers don't like leftover fish stinking up the microwave and break room. I'm still bringing the leftover veggies though - it hopefully will just be a little less aromatic at work.

Ingredients
  • 6 oz. halibut
  • 2 cups sweet potatoes
  • 3 cups rapini leaves
  • 2 green onions (approx. 1/8 cup)
  • 1/2 cup bell peppers (mix of red, green, yellow)
  • 2 Tbs curry powder
  • 1 Tbs garlic powder (if you have fresh, add 2 cloves)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 cups water

Directions
  1. Dice bell peppers and slice green onions.
  2. Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips, fish into 1 inch cubes, and rapini leaves into bite sized pieces.
  3. Add oil, curry powder, and garlic to a skillet; heat until it sizzles.
  4. Add bell peppers and stir fry approx. 1 minute.
  5. Add water, coconut milk, and sweet potatoes. Cook approx. 4 minutes or until sweet potatoes are almost tender.
  6. Add fish and cook approx. 3 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
  7. Add rapini and cook until wilted.
  8. Add green onion. Mix in and heat until warm.
  9. Serve with rice.

No comments: