I wanted something that was fresh and light tasting tonight, but was still filling. The vegetables were essentially boiled in white wine and the fish was steamed in it, providing a nice flavor in both. The amount of vegetables in this dish is probably really enough for two servings, so you could easily just double the amount of fish without making any other changes.
- 4 oz halibut fillet
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup Swiss chard
- 1 1/2 cup leeks
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- Julienne washed leeks, chard, and carrots.
- Cut 2 slices of lemon off the lemon half.
- Add wine and water to a skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Place the fish fillet on top of the vegetables.
- Squeeze juice from the lemon half on top of fish and then place two lemon slices on top.
- Cover pan and turn heat down to simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off cooking liquid and serve.