I had a piece of sirloin steak left, so I decided to make beef with pea pods. I was going to just remake the beef with snow peas recipe, but I didn't have quite enough peas for the amount of beef that I had. I did have some sugar/snap peas, so I decided to just blend the two types. I also decided to "cheat" and use ready-made Teriyaki sauce instead of making my own sauce.
- 8 oz sirloin steak
- 2 cups snap/sugar pea pods
- 2 cups snow pea pods
- 3/4 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs spicy Teriyaki sauce (I used East-West brand, Spicy Ginger)
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Add oil to a skillet and heat.
- Stir fry beef until pink.
- Add onion and stir fry until just slightly softened.
- Add pea pods and cook until almost tender.
- Add Teriyaki sauce and continue to cook until all vegetables are tender, but not mushy.