Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carrot and Radish Salad

Approx. 50 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 4 servings.

At this week's farmer's market, I found an assortment of colored carrots and giant white sweet radishes. They were too pretty to pass up, so I added them to my shopping bag. When I got home, I wasn't sure what to do with them, so I just chopped them to make a quick and easy salad. I made the dressing with vinegar and an assortment of spices, but a bottled Italian dressing would probably work just as well.

Ingredients
  • 1 huge sweet radish (approx. 2.5 cups)
  • 4 large carrots of different colors: pale yellow, gold, orange, purple (approx. 2.5 cups)
  • 9 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • Sprinkle dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes, to taste.

Directions
  1. Wash and chop vegetables.
  2. Mix spices with vinegar.
  3. Pour vinegar over chopped vegetables and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.