At this week's farmer's market, I found an assortment of colored carrots and giant white sweet radishes. They were too pretty to pass up, so I added them to my shopping bag. When I got home, I wasn't sure what to do with them, so I just chopped them to make a quick and easy salad. I made the dressing with vinegar and an assortment of spices, but a bottled Italian dressing would probably work just as well.
- 1 huge sweet radish (approx. 2.5 cups)
- 4 large carrots of different colors: pale yellow, gold, orange, purple (approx. 2.5 cups)
- 9 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Sprinkle dried basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Mix spices with vinegar.
- Pour vinegar over chopped vegetables and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.