Monday, March 28, 2011

Grilled Fennel and Carrots w/ Sirloin Steak

I bought a few cute baby fennel and some baby carrots at the market this weekend.I wasn't sure what to do with them, and decided that I just wanted something really simple, so I tossed them in a grill pan along with a sirloin steak I bought with a Groupon. This really isn't a recipe, since all I did was season the beef with black pepper, and just tossed the fennel and carrots in the pan with it. I just "grilled" everything until the meat was done and the veggies tender, then plated everything and served with leftover carrot and radish salad.
Approx. 380 Calories for the entire meal as shown.

Ingredients
  • 2 small baby fennel bulbs (approx 1 cup)
  • 7 small baby carrots (approx 1 cup)
  • 8 oz sirloin steak (I cut in half and only ate 4 oz)
  • black pepper, to taste
  • carrot and radish salad (approx 1 cup)

Directions
  1. Heat grill pan until hot.
  2. Season beef with black pepper and put on grill.
  3. Wash fennel and carrots and place on grill.
  4. Grill until everything is cooked and tender, turning as needed.
  5. Plate and serve with carrot and radish salad

No comments: