Friday, March 18, 2011

Gingered bok choy and tomatoes

Approx. 100 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

It's Friday night and the fridge is pretty empty, since tomorrow is farmer's market day. I had bok choy leaves left over from the meal I made the other night, along with a few cherry tomatoes and some mushrooms. I decided that these would be good combined in a gingered soy sauce "stir fry". As it was cooking, it seemed to be lacking something, so I added a few toasted sesame seeds. They gave it a bit more texture and really enhanced the flavor.

This makes a great side dish. I didn't feel like making anything else, so I ate both servings as my full meal.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups bok choy
  • 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
  • 1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 Tbs grated ginger
  • 2 Tbs soy sauce (low sodium)
  • 1 1/2 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 cup water
  • red pepper flakes, to taste

Directions
  1. Wash and chop bok choy leaves.
  2. Chop mushrooms and slice grape/cherry tomatoes in half.
  3. Add water, soy sauce, grated garlic and ginger, and red pepper flakes to a skillet.
  4. Heat until water boils.
  5. Add bok choy leaves and mushrooms. Cook until tender and most water has evaporated.
  6. Add tomatoes. Cook until warm and just barely tender (not mushy).
  7. Add sesame seeds, mix well, and then serve.

No comments: