Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken with Avocados and Blood Oranges

Approx. 310 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

I bought a couple of blood oranges this weekend and was trying to think of a creative way to cook/serve them, but I was drawing a blank. Maybe it was because I was tired or not feeling particularly creative today, or maybe I just wanted something simple that wouldn't compete with the flavor. I don't know. At any rate, this isn't really a recipe, but it's what I ended up making.

Ingredients
  • 1 small blood orange
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions
  1. Remove orange peel and cut into segments.
  2. Slice avocado.
  3. Grill chicken until cooked (I used my George Foreman grill).
  4. Place the three ingredients on a plate and enjoy!

No comments: