Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shrimp beet salad wraps

Approx. 210 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving (3 wraps)

After several days of eating beet greens, I decided it was time to eat some of the beets. I only used the lighter colored beets, since the red ones stain everything they touch. I originally was going to just cut lettuce and use it as a salad, but this head had such nice big leaves, that I decided to make lettuce wraps instead. There was enough for 3 generous wraps.

Ingredients
  • 9 medium shrimp (3 oz) - I used pre-cooked.
  • 1 1/2 cups beets
  • 3 large lettuce leaves
  • 1/2 cup red onion
  • 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
  • 3 sprigs cilantro

Directions
  1. Peel and slice beets. Steam until tender and then let cool.
  2. Dice the red onion and chip the cilantro.
  3. Remove tails from the shrimp.
  4. Toss all ingredients together and serve on lettuce leaves.

No comments: