Saturday, May 8, 2010

Market Haul



This morning at the Downtown Phoenix Public Market there was evidence that the seasons have changed. Most of the winter fruits and veggies were gone, and there were signs of the summer veggies (peppers, summer squash, etc.) starting to arrive. This made me very happy, since I was running out of creative ways to cook the winter veggies, and was making some of my favorite dishes over and over again.

This morning was the last week for artichokes (so I bought 3), and probably grapefruit (I bought 3 of those too). I bought a bag of peaches, but I don't think they will even last through the weekend (I ate two while just taking the pictures!!) I also picked up 1 bunch of golden beets, 1 bunch of mixed colored beets, red vine and heirloom cherry tomatoes, 2 red and 1 gold bell pepper, broccoli, 2 summer squash, a zucchini, 4 cucumbers, green beans, lettuce, a red onion, a yellow onion, a shallot, a bag of Nasturtium and sweet pea flowers, a leek, and a bulb of fennel. And the fish guy made sure to bring a small piece of halibut, just for me. Yeah! :-)

No comments: