Monday, December 20, 2010

Slow Cooker Lamb with Quince, Carrots, and Sweet Potatoes

After trying the quince, I decided that it would taste amazing with lamb. I'm not sure why I immediately thought that, since I only eat lamb once every couple of years and I've never cooked lamb in my life. But, I decided that I must have lamb with my remaining quince.


I bought a small arm chop to cook along with some beautiful baby carrots, a sweet potato, my pineapple quince, and some garlic and rosemary.

Since I've never cooked lamb before, I decided that I couldn't go wrong if I threw it in the slow cooker/crock pot. My instinct was spot on. The quince was delicious with the lamb!

Approx. 340 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

Ingredients

  • 7 oz lamb (arm chop)
  • 1/2 medium pineapple quince
  • 1 small sweet potato (approx. 1 cup cubed)
  • 10 baby carrots
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 stems rosemary
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions
  1. Peel, core, and cube the quince.
  2. Peel and cube the sweet potato.
  3. Peel and slice the garlic.
  4. Trim excess fat from the lamb.
  5. Add sweet potato and quince cubes to the bottom of the crock pot.
  6. Cover with slice of lamb.
  7. Press garlic slices and rosemary onto the lamb.
  8. Cover with baby carrots.
  9. Add water.
  10. Cover and cook on low for at least 8 hours.

1 comment:

look at this web-site said...

Nice blog, thanks for sharing such a nice blog.