Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quince and Blueberries

Approx. 70 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

After making my lamb dish, I still had 1/2 quince left over. I decided to eat it warm for dessert. My original plan was to mix it with pomegranate seeds (which I think would be a delicious combination) but I was too lazy to open a pomegranate and dig out the seeds. So, I decided blueberries would be the next best thing. I only had frozen, so I decided to use them.

The berries and quince were a flavorful combination. If I had any whipped cream, I would have tooped the warm fruit with a spoonful. I think that would have really made this dish.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 medium quince
  • 2/3 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
Directions
  1. Peel, core, and slice quince.
  2. Place in a bowl and cover with a wet paper towel.
  3. Microwave for 5 minutes, or until tender.
  4. Add blueberries (since mine were frozen, I microwaved another 2 minutes until they were thawed).
  5. Optionally add a spoonful of whipped cream.

No comments: