Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Squash with goat cheese and dill

On Christmas eve, I made an appetizer of cherry tomatoes stuffed with goat cheese and dill (I forgot to take pictures). I had some of the cheese and dill mixture left over, so I decided that I would add it to some squash I had. I liked this better than the stuffed tomatoes!

While I ate this dish for lunch, it would also make a nice appetizer or side dish.
Approx. 240 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 serving.

Ingredients
  • 1 small winter squash (3" across or approx. 1 cup mashed)
  • 1.5 oz goat cheese
  • 5 sprigs of dill

Directions
  1. Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
  2. Place squash cut side up on a paper plate, cover with a wet paper towel, and microwave on high for 7-10 minutes (turning midway).
  3. Chop dill and mix with softened goat cheese.
  4. Add cheese to cooked squash.
  5. Scrape squash from skin, mixing with cheese mixture, being careful not to tear the skin on one half.
  6. Place full mixture into one half, and serve using the skin as a bowl.

No comments: