Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bok choy and pomegranates in masaman curry

Approx. 145 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I was still on my Masaman curry kick. I just tossed in what veggies I had around the house, and added some pomegranate seeds. I really liked the sweetness, juiciness, and crunch that they added.


Ingredients
  • 4 cups bok choy (stalks and leaves)
  • 3 cups Brussels sprouts
  • 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 2 Tbs Masaman curry paste
  • 2-3 cups water


Directions
  1. Cut ends and "ugly" leaves off the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise
  2. Wash and chop bok choy.
  3. Add water and curry paste to a skillet. Bring to a boil.
  4. Add Brussels sprouts and bok choy stems.
  5. Simmer until Brussels sprouts are tender but not soggy, and then add bok choy leaves.
  6. Simmer until bok choy leaves are tender.
  7. Evaporate off as much water as you want.
  8. Add pomegranate seeds and cook until warm.

No comments: