Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spicy fish noodle soup

Approx. 170 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.


I love eating hot spicy soup on warm summer days. I had two small fish fillets and decided that fish soup would hit the spot. Since I was adding the curry paste to flavor the broth, I just used water instead of a stock. Because I was planning to eat the soup as my full dinner, I made enough for two servings. It was just a little bit too much food; the dogs were happy to get a few noodles.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups water
  • 4 oz Dover sole
  • 1/2 cup rice stick noodles
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup green onion
  • 1/2 cup tomato
  • 2 cups cilantro
  • 1 Tbs rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp Thai red curry paste

Directions

  1. Chop herbs and vegetables.
  2. Bring water to a boil.
  3. Add curry paste, vinegar, onion, bell pepper, and rice noodles.
  4. Boil until rice noodles are soft.
  5. Add fish fillets.
  6. Boil for 2-3 minutes until fish is cooked.
  7. Add green onion and tomato, then heat through.
  8. Serve and garnish with chopped cilantro.

1 comment:

Page Keeley said...

Yum, that looks good. I might just try that with some fresh Maine haddock!