Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beef fajitas

Approx. 260 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 2 servings.

I needed to use up the rest of the beef strips I bought, so I made beef fajitas. I had planned to put it on a tortilla, but the package was a little too old (and green!) so I had to pass on that. I also didn't have any salsa, so I just ended up eating it as shown on the plate.

Ingredients
  • 4.5 oz beef (top round steak)
  • 2 cups bell pepper (green and yellow)
  • 2/3 cup onion
  • 1/4 cup green onion
  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 Tbs worcestershire sauce
  • crushed red pepper, to taste
Directions
  1. Wash and cut vegetables.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet.
  3. Add beef and cook until pink.
  4. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes.
  5. Add bell pepper and cook until tender but not mushy.
  6. Add crushed red pepper and Worcestershire sauce -coat meat and vegetables.
  7. Garnish with green onions.

No comments: