Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Steak and blue cheese salad

Approx. 400 Calories per serving. Recipe makes 1 (large) serving.

Because I don't like to handle raw meat, I bought some precut "stir fry" steak strips (top round) at the grocery store. I was debating whether to make a stir fry or fajitas, when I remembered that I still had some arugula that I wanted to use up. I decided to just toss a few strips of beef on my George Foreman grill and make a quick and easy salad.

Ingredients
  • 4 oz top round steak (or your favorite cut)
  • 2 cups green leaf lettuce
  • 1 cup arugula
  • 1 cup bell pepper (red and yellow)
  • 1/3 cup red onion
  • 2 Tbs blue cheese
  • 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar (or your favorite dressing)

Directions
  1. Wash and chop vegetables.
  2. Grill steak.
  3. Arrange all ingredients on a plate to make the salad.

No comments: